Frequently Asked Questions

If I quit my job and am no longer a member of the CSN, can I still be a member of Bâtirente ?
Yes, it is your vested right.

If I am no longer a member of the CSN, can I continue contributing to my Bâtirente account?
Yes, you can continue contributing to your Bâtirente account for as long as you wish.

Are my contributions to my Bâtirente account tax deductible? 
Yes. You will indeed be receiving an official receipt for the contributions you made to your group registered retirement savings plan (RRSP). For your simplified retirement plan (SRP), the information regarding the contributions you made will appear on your T4/Relevé 1 slip.

When will I be receiving my official receipts for my registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) contributions? 
You will receive your receipt for the contributions you made over the first sixty days of the year by mid-March of the same year. Your receipt for the contributions you made over the rest of the year will arrive in mid-January of the following year.

Am I going to get any follow-up on my portfolio? 
Yes. You will receive two statements of investment and two statements of transactions per year, as at June 30 and as at December 31.

How can I get the forms I need to make changes?
Just contact your Bâtirente group union representative or the Bâtirente Member Services Centre at 1 800 463-6984 ext. 2.

When I retire, will I be able to receive pension benefits from Bâtirente?
Definitely, we provide the required pension benefit plans.